Finding quality workout gear at a reasonable price

 

A lot of people will tell you that it shouldn't matter what you're wearing since you're just sweating in it, but the fact of the matter is that wearing clothes which are flattering and appropriate for your body type while exercising actually HELPS you workout harder. The more confident you are with your body, the better of a workout you're most likely going to get! Experiment with different colors, fits, styles... make it all your own! But PLEASE... tuck those boobs in and make sure those butt cheeks are covered. I say this with love, I really do ;) But anyway, fashion is where it gets a little tricky and I've had a few of you ask me where to get workout clothes at a decent price.

  • Tip 1: Since they ARE just workout clothes you really shouldn't be going overboard in the money department, but at least spend enough to get quality clothing that will dry quickly, stretch well, fit well, and last you a while. Unfortunately when it comes to Forever 21, I do NOT recommend shopping here for workout gear. The bottoms I've tried are just not sufficient at doing any of the above things I stated. If you're concerned because they are priced so well, I would at least say that their tops are good but definitely stay away from bottoms of any kind!
  • Tip 2: If you MUST have your name brand workout gear visit an outlet center such as the Nike Outlet. Last time I checked, their shorts go for about $25 and they have shoes including the Free Runners for about $50 or $60 (I checked Women's only). They basically sell everything you could need and the quality is worth every penny at a discounted price compared to regular stores. Be careful going in there with a credit card! :)
  • Tip 3: Target is also a good place to find workout gear at a decent price. The brand they sell is called Champion and they have different technologies including duo-dry (helps your clothing dry faster). I do like the Champion brand stuff but it's not really cheap and can actually be found at a lower price at other stores. Which leads me to my last tip...
  • Tip 4: My FAVORITE place to buy workout clothing is actually at stores like Ross and Marshall's. Believe it or not, I've found brands like Champion, Everlast, Danskin, Addidas, Nike, and more at both of these stores! Marshall's has a much better selection of tops, bottoms, sports bras, and even gear like yoga/pilates mats, kettleballs, etc. However, if you can find what you want at Ross, GET IT THERE. It's sometimes half the price of the same things I've seen at Marshall's...you just have to keep looking :)





1 comment:

  1. I also prefer wearing flattering and appropriate while exercising. Actually I prefer quality workout gear and comfortable for my comfort during yoga. My clothing motivates me and helps in doing yoga with more effort. I am sure this happens with everyone!

    ReplyDelete